Every parent’s only wish is to see their children healthy and happy. But, sometimes the children do not get to see the world with their own eyes or suffer from eye problems at a very young age. Aakash Healthcare Super Speciality Hospital not only offers multi-disciplinary treatment to eye problems in children but also provide them with compassion and self-confidence. Children with chronic eye problems and blindness are not only treated or assisted in dealing with their daily routine but a new boost is imbibed in them to lead life with a positive zeal.
At the paediatric ophthalmology division of Aakash Healthcare, we offer treatment in following eye disorders among infants, young children and adolescents:
- Farsightedness or Hyperopia: Farsightedness or inability to see clearly at a close distance can affect some children at a very early age which can be easily corrected by using eye-glasses. Farsightedness in children is not easy to diagnose until they themselves complain of blurry vision while reading or seeing nearby things. In case of a very high range, some children may develop cross-eye as well which goes away with the use of eye-glasses.
- Nearsightedness or Myopia: Nearsightedness refers to a condition where a child cannot see properly at a larger distance. It is always advised to get your children examined by an eye-specialist if not treated it can lead to Lazy Eye or Amblyopia. Using eye-glasses will improve the vision considerably.
- Lazy Eye or Amblyopia: Lazy eye or Amblyopia is a condition where one eye does not align with other resulting in squint. It can be corrected with use of eye-glasses, medicines and exercises recommended by the doctor.
- Congenial Eye problems: Sometimes eye structure does not develop properly resulting in low vision or blindness in children from birth. We take care of all the genetic disorder which is treatable in case of abnormalities which cannot be treated we have specialist who provide aids like magnifiers and other equipment to help a child experience vision.
- Paediatric Ptosis or Drooping Eyelid in children: It is not common in children but sometimes a child is born with a drooping eyelid which may hinder the light entering the eye properly resulting in other problems like blurry vision or astigmatism. This condition can be solved easily with a corrective surgery by oculoplasty.
- Retinopathy of Prematurity: It is a very rare problem wherein there is an abnormal development of blood vessels connected to retina. If not treated, it can lead to cataract, retinal detachment and blindness as well.
- Squint or Strabismus: We offer comprehensive treatment in correcting the squint. We offer medicinal treatment along with exercises to be followed by children. Sometimes a squint can also be treated with use of eyeglasses.
- Cortical Visual Impairment: Cortical visual impairment or brain related eye issues refer to a condition where brain fails to receive or send correct signals to the eyes.
- Astigmatism: Sometimes a child is born with uneven formation of the cornea which prevents light entering the eye to focus on one single point on the retina resulting in blurred vision. It can also lead to near or farsightedness.